Major in English for Secondary Teaching
Students who elect English as their major field for secondary teaching must pass with a grade of “C” or above courses from each of the following groups:
- 15 hours from English 2300, 2410, 4069, 4340, and 4860, (12 hours from TED 3750, 4590, 4610, and 4660 also required);
- 3 hours from English 2310 or 2320;
- 3 hours from English 2450 or 2460;
- 3 hours from English 3100, 3430, 4230, 4250, or 4260.
- Students who elected English as their major field for secondary teaching may select either
- a major in the College of Education,
- a major in the College of Arts and or Sciences*
*Students must satisfy the requirements for both English as a major field for secondary teaching and for a major in English. St u dents wishing secondary school certification in English must also satisfactorily complete a sequence of courses in the College of Education.