Information Technology Innovation
The course sequence for the BS in IT Innovation offers flexibility in design for students wishing to pursue an education in IT that is aligned with highly specific career goals. Completion of the degree will prepare students for entrepreneurial endeavors that will appeal to a wide variety of potential employers.
- The IT Innovation degree incorporates four distinguished features:
- A choice of 33 credit hours from any campus area of study that align with a student’s specific career goals;
- Participation in entrepreneurship seminars, workshops, and conferences;
- A solid core of IT course work;
- A senior capstone course designed to encourage entrepreneurship through:
- The conception of an idea for a new IT product or service;
- Documenting technical and market feasibility;
- Carrying through to the prototype stage.