Bachelor of Arts With a Major in Political Science
The major consists of a minimum of 27 credit hours in political science. In addition, 12 credit hours from cognate fields outside the department of political science are required. B.A. requirements are as follows:
- Political Science 1000 and 1100 (unless one is waived by the department), 2000, and 4950.
- At least one three-hour course in each of the following subfields: political theory, American politics, comparative politics, and international politics.
- Remaining hours in political science shall be elected by students in accordance with their interests.
- At least 18 hours of political science courses must be taken at the 3000 and 4000 levels.
- Students shall take a minimum of 12 credit hours of courses in other fields (e.g. history, economics) regarded by their departmental advisers as cognate to each student’s primary interests in political science.
- A foreign language is required. (The requirement is the same as that of the College of Arts and Sciences.)