Executive MBA Department , College of Business Administration
The mission and overarching themes of the Executive MBA program are to provide experienced managers and professionals with an applied and integrative business management education that develops and furthers their critical thinking and leadership abilities so they can better manage resources, leverage information technology, understand diverse cultures, and effectively address strategic issues in a dynamic global economy.
The Executive MBA program is designed for middle- and upper-level managers, experienced professionals, and established business owners who have a vision for themselves and their firms. The weekend program format takes class members, as a group, through the carefully structure sequences of courses required to complete the degree in an 18-month period.
Program Contact Information:
Mr. William Swanson, Graduate Program Chair (GPC)
Mammel Hall (MH) 100F
6708 Pine Street
- Online Application
- One official copy of transcripts for ALL institutions previously attended
- Application Fee
- If English is not the language of nurture, official test scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE exam are required (minimum scores established by the Graduate Council)
- 500 on the Written TOEFL
- 173 on the computer-based TOEFL
- 61 on the internet-based TOEFL
- 5.5 on the IELTS
- 44 on the PTE
- Minimum GPA of at least 3.0 in undergraduate courses related to proposed major
- Professional and/or managerial/supervisory experience and accomplishments preferred
- A minimum of six (6) years of professional level work experience is required
- Statement of Purpose
- The Statement of Purpose should address the following: 1) What are your career objectives and how will a UNO Executive MBA assist you in attaining them? 2) Discuss your most outstanding personal and professional accomplishments. 3) What is the most significant strength that you bring to a workforce team?
- Current resume detailing employment history, nature of duties and responsibilities, accomplishments, leadership roles, and community involvement
- Entrance Exam is Required
- The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is required for admission consideration for those candidates who do not have a graduate degree, and whose grade point average (GPA) on all three- and four-level (junior and senior) courses OR for all courses required in their undergraduate major OR for their last 60 credit hours of college/university is less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- The GMAT may be required for candidates with a 3.0 or better undergraduate GPA if their undergraduate degree is from a program characterized as significantly accelerated or for which academic credit is awarded for education and life experiences attained from other than an accredited university or college.
- The GMAT is not required for candidates who possess a graduate degree from a regionally accredited US university or college or who have an equivalent degree from another country.
- Any candidate for admission is welcome to submit GMAT scores for consideration if they feel the other selection considerations—undergraduate academic record and professional accomplishments—will not adequately reflect their ability to successfully complete a rigorous graduate education program.
EMBA Degree Requirements
EMBA Required Courses:
|BSAD 8240||Leadership Development||
|BSAD 8260||Accounting Theory and Practice||
|BSAD 8280||Stewardship of the Firm's Resources: Human Resources and Change Management||
|BSAD 8360||Financial Management for Executives||
|BSAD 8370||Legal and Ethical Considerations in Business||
|BSAD 8380||Quality & Process Management||
|BSAD 8460||Management and Organization Theory||
|BSAD 8480||Applications in Economics||
|BSAD 8490||IT: Leveraging Technology for Competitive Advantage||
|BSAD 8560||Marketing Strategies||
|BSAD 8570||Administrative Policy and Strategy||
|BSAD 8580||International: Competing in Global Markets||
|BSAD 8590||Seminar in Business Administration||
|BSAD 8900||Independent Research||
1 - 6 credits
Total Credit Hours: 42