The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. They are:
- the right to inspect and review the student’s education records;
- the right to request the amendment of the student’s education records to ensure that they are not inaccurate, misleading or otherwise in violation of the student’s privacy or other rights;
- the right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student’s education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent;
- the right to file with the U.S. Department of Education a complaint concerning alleged failures by the University of Nebraska at Omaha to comply with the requirements of FERPA; and
- the right to obtain a copy of the University of Nebraska at Omaha’s Student Records Policy. A copy of the policy is available at the Registrar’s Office, Eppley Administration Building, Room 105. For information regarding the Student Records Policy, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 402-554-2482 or on the Registrar’s Office World Wide Web home page at: www.ses.unomaha.edu.