Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. They are:
1) The right to inspect and review the student's education records.
2) The right to request the amendment of the student's education records to ensure that they are not inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the student's privacy or other rights.
3) The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student's education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.
4) The right to file with the U.S. Department of education a complaint concerning alleged failures by the University of Nebraska at Omaha to comply with the requirements of FERPA.
5) The right to obtain a copy of the University of Nebraska at Omaha's Student Records Policy. A copy of the policy is available at the Registrar's Office, Eppley Administration Building, Room 105.
For information regarding the Student Records Policy, please contact the Registrar's Office at (402) 554-2314 or visit the University FERPA site at http://registrar.unomaha.edu/ferpa.php.