Integrated Undergraduate Graduate Track in ITIN
The IUG track is a 144 hour undergraduate-graduate option between University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Public Health and UNO College of Information Science & Technology. The 4+1 program consist of UNO’s Bachelor of Science in Information Technology and Innovation (BS in IT Innovation) and the Master of Public Health (MPH) with a concentration in Biostatistics.
Time of admission to the program:
- Students with sophomore standing and at least 48 hours of completed course work in their undergraduate degree program may apply for admission to the integrated undergraduate/Professional program.
- Official transcripts with a 3.5 or higher grade point average for a minimum of 48 undergraduate hours completed.
- Master Public Health Program Requirement for Admission:
- Completion of the UNMC M.P. H degree application.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional references.
- A resume reflecting one or more years of work/volunteer history related to health and/or human services.
- A one page personal statement describing the applicant’s interest in and potential for contributing to the field of public health and career objectives.
- Self-assessment of the applicant’s computer, quantitative analysis and personal skills and general preparation for succeeding in a program or professional studies in public health.
- Biostatistics Concentration Prerequisites:
- The student must have received the equivalent of at least a B (i.e. 3.00 or higher on the University of Nebraska grade scale) in a statistics course within 5 years of program application.
- In addition, differential and integral calculus as well as linear algebra, taken within the 10 years of program application with at least a B (i.e. 3.00 or higher on the University of Nebraska grade scale) grade is required.
- Admissions to the M.P.H program are limted to the number that can best be handled to the advantage of the students and program operations. Preference is given to residents of Nebraska, to individuals who wish to pursue study that can be adequately supported by M.P.H. program resources, and to those who have adequate preparation and time for their proposed program. The program is projected to admit up to 10 students each year.
- The GRE will be waived for students in the Integrated Undergraduate/Professional BS in IT Innovation and M.P.H with a concentration in Biostatistics.
Plan of Study: In consultation with their advisor students will be required to prepare a plan of study. Students will be assigned an advisor from UNO IS&T and from UNMC College of Public Health (COPH). A maximum of 21 M.P.H credits (of the 45 graduate credits for the MPH degree) will be counted towards the undergraduate degree. Students who chose not to continue with the M.P.H option will receive their B.S. in IT Innovation degree based on the successful completion of the approved four year plan of study including the COPH coursework.
Students will pay graduate tuition rates for all graduate courses, including those taken prior to graduating with their undergraduate degree. The number of CPH credits that can be taken during the undergraduate degree is capped at 21 credit hours.