Midwest Student Exchange Program
UNO is a participant in the Midwest Student Exchange Program (MSEP), an interstate educational opportunity for students in Nebraska, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota and Wisconsin. This program enables residents from these nine states to enroll in participating institutions at reduced tuition levels. Tuition for MSEP students who attend participating public institutions is equal to no more than 150 percent of the regular in-state tuition rate. In all cases, the cost to MSEP students is lower than regular non-resident tuition.
To be eligible for MSEP status at UNO, students must meet the following guidelines:
- The student must be admitted to UNO;
- The student must contact the UNO Admissions Office and request MSEP consideration;
- Meet one of the following academic criteria:
- Freshman: ACT Composite score of 21 / SAT Critical Reading & Math score of 990 OR ranked in the upper 1/3 of their high school graduation class
- Transfer: Cumulative transfer GPA of 3.00 with a minimum of 12 semester hours from a regionally accredited institution.
- The student must be admitted to a degree program and have provided the required credentials necessary to determine academic qualification for the MSEP program; and
- MSEP participants cannot establish residency for the purposes of paying in-state tuition.
Students who meet these guidelines and have residency in one of the participating states will be eligible to receive the MSEP reduced tuition, unless they have been granted a UNO Advantage scholarship. A 2.50 minimum cumulative GPA must be maintained for the MSEP status to be continued. For more information about the MSEP, contact the Office of Admissions.