Milo Bail Student Center
The best overview of the Student Center is its mission statement, which states:
“The Student Center is the ‘living room’ of the campus, a gathering place for the campus community and an integral part of UNO’s educational environment which augments the educational experience. The Student Center is more than just a facility; it is made up of operations, services and programs that enhance the quality of college life and help to retain students at the university. It is also a laboratory for experiential and developmental learning – providing opportunities for students to learn and practice leadership and striving to foster an appreciation for diversity, harmony and school spirit.”
The director of the Milo Bail Student Center is responsible for the regulation of a variety of policies on campus. These policies include Communication and Solicitation, Promotional Material and Distribution, Campus Alcohol Policy, Use of Facilities, and various campus food policies. Copies of these policies are available at mbsc.unomaha.edu.
Textbooks, supplies and other materials you may need for classes are available in the UNO Bookstore located in the Milo Bail Student Center. The UNO Bookstore also carries a large selection of UNO clothing, accessories and gift items. You may also shop online at unobookstore.com. UNO Bookstore purchases may be paid by cash, check, credit card or MavCard. Students may also charge up to $1500 a semester to their UNO student account and the charges will appear on the bill from UNO.
The UNO Bookstore also operates a Convenience Store located in the Milo Bail Student Center for all your grab & go needs while on campus.
UNO Child Care Center
The University of Nebraska at Omaha Child Care Center (UNOCCC) provides high quality child care and early education service for families, as well as opportunities for training, research and further knowledge of the care, education and development of young children. Child care is provided for children (18 months through 6 years of age) from 6:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. A summer program for school-aged children is available in the summer. For more information, call 402-554-3398.
The UNO Food Services Office maintains and operates all the dining facilities on the UNO Dodge Campus, including the Milo Bail Student Center Food Court, the Library Café and the MavRec Café. All food sold or served on campus must be provided by UNO Food Services.
The MBSC Food Court offers many dining options, including options for vegetarians at every location. View complete menus at food.unomaha.edu:
- The American Grill: Serves cheeseburgers, chicken strips, cheesesteaks and more. Hot breakfast items like breakfast burritos, bacon & eggs and biscuits & gravy are available in the morning.
- Dagwood’s Deli: A sub shop featuring classic hoagie style sandwiches with your choice of fresh toppings.
- Greenfield’s: A salad bar stocked with fresh veggies, meats, cheese and dressings.
- Tomassito’s: An Italian café serving homemade fresh baked pizzas, pastas and sides.
- Pasado’s: Fresh, made to order Mexican food like handcrafted burritos, taco salads and nachos.
- Jasmine’s: Offers Asian fare made in a wok to order including broccoli beef, teriyaki chicken, lo mein beef, spring rolls and more.
- Chuck’s Wagon: Home of the daily special featuring home-style food.
- Grab & Go and D’café: In a hurry? There are items for breakfast like bagels, cereal, fruit, yogurt and doughnuts. For a quick lunch or snack there are hot dogs, daily soups, hummus, taco pie, veggies and sushi (made fresh daily in-house). Plus, visit the Starbucks bar for espresso drinks and more.
The Library Café is located in the Criss Library and features hot paninis, salads, Starbucks espresso drinks and more. The MavRec Café is located in the HPER building and offers salads, sandwiches, smoothies, Seattle’s Best Coffee and more.
UNO Food Service Catering offers extensive on-campus catering for receptions, meetings, lunches, dinners and banquets. The Catering office is located on the 2nd floor of the MBSC. Please call 402-554-2400.
Students that do not have their MavCard can obtain one by visiting the MavCard Services office located on the 2nd floor of the Milo Bail Student Center. Please bring valid photo identification. Your MavCard will be needed to access many services on campus including entrance to campus recreation, athletic events and for use at Criss Library. Your MavCard can also be used as a pre-loaded debit card on campus and at selected off-campus businesses. If your MavCard is lost or stolen, replacement cards are $10. For more information, please visit MavCard.com.