The NUID (Nebraska University Identification Number) is a unique 8-digit number assigned to all students, faculty and staff members during the admissions or hiring process. This number remains the same across the University of Nebraska and Nebraska State College system. If you've taken classes or worked at another University of Nebraska or state college campus, you may already have an NUID.
How can I get my NUID number and a password?
TrueYou Self-Service is the quickest and easiest way to look up your NUID and set your password. You can access TrueYou at https://trueyou.nebraska.edu/idm/user/selfservice.jsp
Other ways to get your NUID:
- If you are in the Omaha metro area, you can obtain you NUID in person by showing your photo ID at the Records and Registration Office, Eppley Administration Building (EAB) 105.
- If you are outside the Omaha metro area, you can send a SIGNED letter to UNO Records, and Registration, 6001 Dodge St, EAB 105, Omaha, NE 68182-0286 or a SIGNED FAX to 402-554-3472 requesting your NUID be mailed to you (home address for students, department address for faculty/staff). We DO NOT accept e-mailed requests. Please include your name and date of birth for identification purposes.
What systems do I use my NUID for?
- MavLINK - The Student Information System for UNO. This is where you register for classes, check your balance, and get your grades
- Firefly - The Human Resources system for the University of Nebraska system. This is where you find pay stubs and handle benefits.
- TrueYou - The password reset system for MavLINK and Firefly. This is where you can look up your NUID and reset your password.
Things to remember about your NUID number and password
- Together your NUID and password authorize you to access information that is not considered public information by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Treat the password in the same manner you would a banking pin number.
- Always have the same NUID number. Students who later become faculty or staff will continue to use the same number.
- NUID information WILL NOT be released via telephone or FAX.
- NUID information WILL NOT be given to anyone but the student, faculty or staff member.
- Retain your NUID even if you are not enrolled in courses. Along with your NUID password, your NUID allows you to access MavLINK and make transcript requests.