Office of Military and Veteran Services (OMVS)
The Office of Military and Veteran Services (OMVS) is a one-stop office for military, veteran, and dependent students at UNO. OMVS is responsible for providing support services and student programming that ensures the successful transition, academic progress, and graduation of students who are military, veteran, or dependents. Our office is located on the UNO Dodge St campus in Eppley Administration Building Room 108.
A key service of The Office of Military and Veteran Services is assisting students with applying for and using their VA education benefits, as well as answering any questions about transferability of benefits to dependents, the Yellow Ribbon Program, and using state and federal military tuition assistance. Military, veteran, and dependent students can also work with the OMVS staff for assistance in the admissions process, enrollment, academic program selection, transfer credit, career guidance, and academic support.
The Office of Military and Veteran Services will also connect students with other departments on campus for student services, counseling, or academic advising, as needed.
Additional services provided by the Office of Military and Veteran Services:
• In-Processing & Deployment Assistance
• Student Lounge & Study Space
• Workshops for Students, Faculty, & Staff
• Military and Veteran Student Academic and Career Success Course
• Military and Veteran Student Orientation
• Vet Success on Campus & Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor in Office
• Military and Veteran Student Tutoring Sessions
• Veteran Student Organization Meetings
For more information, contact the OMVS at:
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - 402.554.2349 or DSN 271.0449
Visit the web page - www.unomaha.edu/military